Pages


7/6/10

Tuesday June 8, 2010

Tuesday morning: Mr. Haky Jasim gave a presentation about his art practice and BOB Gallery. I was so excited to meet him and hear about his art – especially because I knew that he was an art student in Belgrade during old Yugoslavia. I also enjoyed very much speaking with him in Serbian; I almost felt that I am at home.

In the afternoon, for the first time, I was a translator from Bosnian to English when we had the wonderful opportunity to visit Mr. Salih Mojecinovi, an interesting artist from Bosnia. He made eight incredible Mosques which were inspired by his dreams. It is hard to imagine how much time and patience he spent building each one…small piece by small piece. Detail by detail… You could conclude that he has great faith. We all respected and admired his art.

After this amazing and miraculous experience, we were guests of Mr. Soran Kerim, an artist who came from Iraq. He welcomed us with a warm-heart and presented to us his paintings, drawings and sculptures. I liked his sculptures the most – and how he played violin for us. Also, he gave us honest advice about art and life.
We had such a memorable experience today, we entered private lives and hearts.

I feel that I am very lucky to discover the precious sparkles of Bergsjön.

Dragana

No comments: